Sunday, September 16, 2018 - 9:00 am
Sunday, September 16, 2018 - 4:00 pm
AddressReflexology Chicago - 26402 N. Edgemond Lane Barrington, IL 60010 View map
Intro To Reflexology is an easy way to reset and renew any part of the body and mind in a short amount of time. This experiential, intuitive hand and foot Reflexology course will help raise your awareness of how connecting with people through touch can be easy, fun, effective, and meaningful. You’ll learn fundamental protocols including the 4 Handy Rules of Thumb and the 3 minute R.E.S.E.T. (Reflexology Ejects Stress Every Time) to target symptoms and conditions while connecting with others mindfully and compassionately.
You’ll be shown while you practice various reflexology techniques addressing a myriad of conditions such as seasonal allergies, digestive issues, hormonal imbalances, anxiety, depression, grief, ADHD and other physical, mental and emotional issues. By the end of this training, you’ll be able to apply these techniques to immediately care for yourself and others using the provided handouts and reference cards.
You’ll also learn how to:
- Incorporate fundamental reflexology techniques, simple 10 second to 3 minute protocols and reflexology desserts for self care and care of others to decrease stress and tension in the body and mind
- Address common physical, mental, and emotional conditions using reflexology and other easy to apply alternative techniques
- Confidently use your “touch intuition” and trust that you are focusing on the right set of points and protocols for an effective session
- Class begins promptly at 9:00a. Be sure to arrive 10-15 minutes early for check in.
- Wear loose-fitting clothing-especially pant legs that can be moved up.
- The center is kept fragrance free to protect the health of all who attend. Click Here if you need more information about our fragrance policy. We have fragrance-free hand lotion available.
- Bring a sack lunch. A refrigerator and microwave are available for use. Note: Lunch is only 30 minutes; therefore there isn’t enough time to leave the premises.
- Your professional license number (if you’re earning CEUs). You’ll sign in with your name and license number at the end of class and receive your certificate.
Address: 26402 N. Edgemond Lane, Barrington, IL 60010
Click here for driving directions.
Note: if you’re using Google Maps, simply put in “Relax4Life, Barrington, IL”
Joy Lucinda Klein has worked as a geriatric health care professional since 1999. She holds a BS in Microbiology and an MS in Gerontology. She’s a certified Reflexology practitioner and instructor and has practiced in 4 states as well as Thailand, serving families and their loved ones with dementia leading to hospice care. Since launching her company Path to Joy Wellness and Trainings in 2010, she’s been at the forefront of developing cutting edge, simple and effective complementary therapy protocols incorporating reflexology, energy work, and aromatherapy to increase patient success with activities of daily living and medical treatments.
She offers a variety of continuing education seminars for health care professionals and the general public. They focus on using hands-on techniques for decreasing pain, agitation and anxiety as well as improving sleep quality and managing acute and chronic symptoms. These same techniques are used effectively for self-care strategies.
Joy Lucinda also customizes training for nursing homes, assisted living centers, home health and home health professionals. She offers community presentations for family caregivers, seniors, and people with chronic illness, grief, ADHD or PTSD. She looks forward to sharing her knowledge and experiences with you. She can be reached at: email@example.com
What Students & Clients Say About Joy’s training:
“Excellent instructor involved with class overall and individually. Good hands on instruction.”
“Joy is a great speaker/teacher.”
“Wonderful to learn some techniques to use on myself and others.”
“Very warm, personable, knowledgeable. “
“Very informative, enjoyed every minute.”
“Good strategies for relaxation and stress relief.”
“I love coming to Joy. Her ability to intuitively sense exactly what I need leaves me feeling well cared for. The amazing balance of her vast knowledge and experience coupled with her gentle demeanor allows me to recommend her to my family, friends and clients.” Vicki D.
“I’ve been working with Joy for about four years now. The first experience I had was reflexology. While Joy was working on my feet, we began talking, and I informed her that I was recently diagnosed with ADHD. This began a whole new learning experience for me. Joy taught me that there are certain ways to control and reduce your ADHD.”
“Throughout the past four years, I’ve also done energy work with Joy. In these sessions we’ve discussed how ADHD can be a gift because it makes us unique. Also, once you’ve found your true calling in life, you don’t need medications because your passion allows you to focus. Joy has also introduced me to certain angels, who I pray to when I need to focus or just need a little extra help.”
“Overall, I’ve grown a lot from the work I’ve done with Joy. She’s referred me to excellent books and people. It’s always a blessing when I spend time with her.” Liz Barta