Saturday, November 2, 2019 - 9:00 am
Saturday, November 2, 2019 - 4:00 pm
AddressReflexology Chicago - 26402 N. Edgemond Lane Barrington, IL 60010 View map
The November Intro To Reflexology is an easy way to reset and renew any part of the body and mind in a short amount of time. This experiential, intuitive hand and foot Reflexology course will help raise your awareness of how connecting with people through touch can be easy, fun, effective, and meaningful. You’ll learn fundamental protocols including the 4 Handy Rules of Thumb and the 3 minute R.E.S.E.T. (Reflexology Ejects Stress Every Time) to target symptoms and conditions while connecting with others mindfully and compassionately.
You’ll be shown while you practice various reflexology techniques addressing a myriad of conditions such as seasonal allergies, digestive issues, hormonal imbalances, anxiety, depression, grief, ADHD and other physical, mental and emotional issues. By the end of this training, you’ll be able to apply these techniques to immediately care for yourself and others using the provided handouts and reference cards.
You’ll also learn how to:
- Incorporate fundamental reflexology techniques, simple 10 second to 3 minute protocols and reflexology desserts for self care and care of others to decrease stress and tension in the body and mind
- Address common physical, mental, and emotional conditions using reflexology and other easy to apply alternative techniques
- Confidently use your “touch intuition” and trust that you are focusing on the right set of points and protocols for an effective session
- Class begins promptly at 9:00a. Be sure to arrive 10-15 minutes early for check in.
- Wear loose-fitting clothing-especially pant legs that can be moved up.
- The center is kept fragrance free to protect the health of all who attend. Click Here if you need more information about our fragrance policy. We have fragrance-free hand lotion available.
- Bring a sack lunch. A refrigerator and microwave are available for use. Note: Lunch is only 30 minutes; therefore there isn’t enough time to leave the premises.
- Your professional license number (if you’re earning CEUs). You’ll sign in with your name and license number at the end of class and receive your certificate.
Address: 26402 N. Edgemond Lane, Barrington, IL 60010
Click here for driving directions.
Note: if you’re using Google Maps, simply put in “Relax4Life, Barrington, IL”
The following licenses (in alphabetical order) can earn 6 CEUs:
• Athletic Trainers
• Dentists/Dental Hygienists
• Marriage and Family Counselors
• Massage Therapists
• Nurses, Nursing Home Administrators
• Occupational Therapists/OTAs
• Physical Therapists/PTAs
• Respiratory Therapists
• Social Workers
Joy Lucinda Klein has worked as a geriatric health care professional since 1999. She holds a BS in Microbiology and an MS in Gerontology. She’s a certified Reflexology practitioner and instructor and has practiced in 4 states as well as Thailand, serving families and their loved ones with dementia leading to hospice care. Since launching her company Path to Joy Wellness and Trainings in 2010, she’s been at the forefront of developing cutting edge, simple and effective complementary therapy protocols incorporating reflexology, energy work, and aromatherapy to increase patient success with activities of daily living and medical treatments.
She offers a variety of continuing education seminars for health care professionals and the general public. They focus on using hands-on techniques for decreasing pain, agitation and anxiety as well as improving sleep quality and managing acute and chronic symptoms. These same techniques are used effectively for self-care strategies.
Joy Lucinda also customizes training for nursing homes, assisted living centers, home health and home health professionals. She offers community presentations for family caregivers, seniors, and people with chronic illness, grief, ADHD or PTSD. She looks forward to sharing her knowledge and experiences with you. She can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org
What Students & Clients Say About Joy’s training:
“Excellent instructor involved with class overall and individually. Good hands on instruction.”
“She was very engaging and her stories made the information so relevant. Thank you!”
“I really enjoyed the class and instructor. So interesting and I’d love to take more classes from her.”
“I really enjoyed the class and instructor. Joy was very friendly, knowledgeable and very helpful. Really liked the demos and hands on practice.”
“Clear-so excellent for participatorial learning. The teaching principles were pointedly directed toward our learning.”
“Joy is a great speaker/teacher.”
“Joy is a joy. I learned new techniques not only on the foot, but the whole body. Fun class!”
“Instructor was very knowledgeable and delivered information clearly. Class was enjoyable and very applicable.”
“Love this instructor!”
“Instructor very enjoyable, insightful, energetic, passionate and knowledgeable.”
“Wonderful to learn some techniques to use on myself and others.”
“Great info for self care.”
“Good balance between learning the theory and practicing techniques!”
“Great beginning class with great instructor-easy to follow.”
“I thought the class was very informative. Joy did a wonderful job! I will definitely be coming back.”
“Very warm, personable, knowledgeable. “
“Very informative, enjoyed every minute.”
“Good strategies for relaxation and stress relief.”