Saturday, January 9, 2021 - 9:00 am
Saturday, January 9, 2021 - 4:30 pm
AddressReiki Training Chicago Northwest Suburbs - 26402 N. Edgemond Lane Barrington, IL 60010 View map
Reiki 4 Teacher training is only for those who’ve taken Reiki 3 at Relax4Life at least 21 days prior and who want to learn the step by step process of teaching all levels of Usui Reiki as taught by Neal Harris. This includes learning to attune/initiate for each class as well as discussing the many components that make up a successful Reiki teacher and class experience. For frequently asked questions, click here. Limited to 12 students.
Reiki is an energy-balancing technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing on all levels (mental, emotional, physical and spiritual). It’s administered by placing the hands on or around another person, animal, plant or oneself. It’s based on the idea that we can easily learn to harness, enhance and direct life force energy (which is always around and flowing through us) for the highest benefit of others and yourself. If your life force energy is low, then you’re more likely to get sick or feel stress. If it’s high, you’re more capable of being happy and healthy. Reiki promotes this higher level of life force energy, which greatly improves the chances for healing to occur on any and all levels.
The Reiki that is practiced and taught at Relax4Life is a blending of the following styles; Traditional Usui, Japanese, Tibetan and Karuna®.
The ability to perform Reiki is passed on from teacher to student via a formal initiation and education process. Many people seek Reiki therapy for relaxation and energy balancing. Because of its universal appeal, Reiki is practiced by individuals from all walks of life and religious beliefs. Receiving Reiki therapy is like the relaxed feeling your body gets from a massage or soaking in a warm tub, only that with Reiki you remain fully clothed and the practitioner gently lays their hands on or around various areas of your body to help balance your energy. Whether you want to add Reiki to an existing practice, start a new practice, use it for friends and family or your own emotional, spiritual and physical well being, it is an excellent skill to have.
- Class begins promptly at 9:00a. Be sure to arrive 10-15 minutes early for check in.
- Wear a mask of face shield.
- Do not bring your own hand sanitizer. We have plenty of effective, non-fragrant, hand sanitizer gel that has some natural ingredients to keep the alcohol from drying out your hands.
- Wear comfortable clothing.
- The center is kept fragrance free to protect the health of all who attend. Click Here if you need more information about our fragrance policy.
- Bring a sack lunch. A refrigerator and microwave are available. Note: Lunch is only 30 minutes; therefore there isn’t enough time to leave the premises.
- Your professional license number (if you’re earning CEUs). You’ll sign in with your name and license number and receive your certificate at the end of class.
Address: 26402 N. Edgemond Lane, Barrington, IL 60010
Click here for driving directions.
Note: if you’re using Google Maps, simply put in “Relax4Life, Barrington, IL”
- The instructor’s Reiki 4 Teacher Manual
- Learning to perform all 3 Reiki attunements/initiations
- Student gift
- A certificate of completion as a Reiki 4/Teacher
- Reiki 4 Teacher training will open the door for you teach Reiki to friends, family, clients and the general public on your own as well as providing you with opportunities to apprentice at future Reiki classes at Relax4Life
Relax4life Center offers their Reiki students:
- Opportunities to practice Reiki outside of class such as Reiki & Energy Share Nights
- Participation in a distance healing circle
- An online practitioner and teacher referral network
- Student teaching opportunities
- Ongoing student support such as an auditing option for those who want to re-take a class to gain further practice and understanding
- Consulting to help individuals start a Reiki practice, teach Reiki and more
- A private instruction option
The following licenses (in alphabetical order) can earn 6 CEUs:
• Athletic Trainers
• Dentists/Dental Hygienists
• Marriage and Family Counselors
• Nurses, Nursing Home Administrators
• Occupational Therapists/OTAs
• Physical Therapists/PTAs
• Respiratory Therapists
• Social Workers
Neal Harris is a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor, with a Master’s Degree in Counseling Psychology. He has practiced the art of psychotherapy for over 30 years. He is also the managing director of Relax4Life, a holistic education and services center and has been a workshop leader in the holistic health and self-enrichment fields since 1985.
Neal’s experience stems from training in both the United States and India. in 1986, he was a member of the first bodywork team invited to China to study Tuina, a form of Traditional Chinese Medicine and massage. In 1991, he traveled to India to study with the meditation master and sage, H.W L. Poonja (Papaji).
Neal has been teaching Usui Reiki for over 20 years and been providing Reiki therapy for over 30 years. He is also a certified Karuna Reiki instructor and certified Holy Fire II Karuna Reiki instructor. As a certified Quantum-Touch® practitioner for 17 years and instructor for 14 years, he provides both classes and individual Quantum-Touch® sessions.
Neal is the author of the book, Pocket Stress Manager & Labyrinth Guide, as well as the relaxation CD, Exit The Storm. Neal as well as his work at Relax4Life have been featured on national television including WTTW, Fox, NBC, Discovery Channel and more. He has also been featured in several national magazines including Better Homes & Gardens, Spa Finder, New Age Magazine, Utne Reader and others.
In 1997, Neal was the originator of the Earth-Wisdom Labyrinth; Illinois’ first permanent outdoor labyrinth located in Elgin. He has been a consultant on, and the creator of other public labyrinths, fabric traveling labyrinths, wood and plastic finger labyrinths (including his patented brain balancing, communication enhancing double finger labyrinth design known as the Intuipath®) and manuals for creating outdoor labyrinths. He leads labyrinth workshops around the country and is both a founding member of The Labyrinth Society and been a Certified Veriditas Facilitator since 1999.
In his private therapy practice, Neal assists those individuals who are experiencing a variety of concerns including life-affirming conditions such as Diabetes, Cancer, Heart Disease as well as anxiety and more general concerns. To promote healing on many levels, he uses relaxation and meditation training, EFT, Reiki, Quantum-Touch® as well as his own modality “labyrinth counseling” (using the IntuipathÒ design). This work explores integrative medical options, as well as the psychology and spirituality of illness and recovery. Neal also headed up a national research study to determine the behavioral effects of his Intuipath® design on children and adolescents with ADHD.
What Students Say About Reiki 4 Training at Relax4Life:
“I have loved every Reiki class here! Neal, you are very intuitive in your teaching and put us all at ease. Thank you!”
“Very clearly presented material so that I can go back and use it when needed. Thank you!”
“I really liked how you broke down how you taught each level and how to explain/teach at the level where the student is at.”
“Fantastic-Neal is a wonderful teacher-demonstrates his passion for Reiki & other forms of energy healing. He is dedicated to providing his students with a top notch education in a very relaxed setting and yes, I recommend him to many. Looking forward to hone in on Reiki skills!!”
“This is a beautiful class and very informative. There is always more to learn and experience with Reiki and this was a wonderful way to review the 1-3 classes as well as to learn new techniques. Thank you!”
“This class brings back the lessons previously learned and boosts more confidence in teaching Reiki to students. Neal has been an excellent instructor for all times.”
“I am just so happy to have found a place that I can come to to further and feel comfortable with my journey in energy work and to share with others I hope to bring with me. Thank you.” Suzann Belgio
“Beyond measure! This helped solidify my overwhelm coming out of Reiki 3 and I feel back on track and not intimidated by all the work but can look forward to reconnecting and learning it all. Thank you so much! The gifts…priceless, valued and treasured.”