Saturday, October 19, 2019 - 10:00 am
Saturday, October 19, 2019 - 6:00 pm
AddressShaman Training Chicago - 26402 N. Edgemond Lane Barrington, IL 60010 View map
Intro to Shamanism & Beyond will give you a basic understanding of the principles and practices of core shamanism as it’s practiced around the world.
Intro to Shamanism & Beyond will teach you:
- What shamanism is and how it’s used.
- The importance of opening and closing space in a sacred and protective way.
- Meditation/Kundalini Yoga tools and techniques to enhance your life, quiet your mind, and safely open your connection to the spirit world.
- What power animals and totems are and how to connect and work with them to benefit yourself and others.
- How to understand the three shamanic worlds.
- The journeying process (the core practice of shamans worldwide).
- How to work with a drum, rattle and other tools to enhance shamanic practices.
- The importance of singing, dancing and ritual in these practices.
And much more…
Intro to Shamanism & Beyond will enrich the beginning shaman student as well those more seasoned in this ancient knowledge and practice.
- Class begins promptly at 10:00a. Be sure to arrive 10-15 minutes early for check in and parking.
- Wear comfortable clothing.
- The center is kept fragrance free to protect the health of all who attend. Click Here if you need more information about our fragrance policy.
- Bring a sack lunch. A refrigerator and microwave are available. Note: Lunch is only 45 minutes; therefore there isn’t enough time to leave the premises.
- Your professional license number (if you’re earning CEUs).
Address: 26402 N. Edgemond Lane, Barrington, IL 60010
Click here for driving directions.
Note: if you’re using Google Maps, simply put in “Relax4Life, Barrington, IL”
- Bandanna or Eye Mask
- Blanket and Pillow (make sure they’re without fragrance)
- Notebook for note taking and recording your journeys
- Hand-size or smaller Stone, Gem or Crystal (this will become your “Power Stone”)
- Sack Lunch (see “Workshop Specifics” above)
- Drum and/or Rattle (if you have one)
For over 15 years, Bruce Whitewolf has been offering gatherings, private sessions and workshops in shamanism to help people reconnect with the healing of body, mind and spirit that comes from the practice of shamanic traditions. His mission has been to bring more peace and balance in the world by reminding us of the ancient practices of our ancestors. Bruce follows the Prophecy of the Rainbow Warrior which discusses the need to return back to the ancient ways in order to return balance to the Earth and her People.
In his classes, he discovered that a busy mind is a significant detriment to his students being successful in shamanic practices. He therefore has spent years successfully developing new and unique ways for his students to practice shamanism more easily and he’s eager to pass these on to you.
Bruce has vast and varied training as a Native American Ceremonial Helper and Leader as well as delving deeply into the advanced trainings provided by the Foundation For Shamanic Studies (FSS). He has also received shamanic training in the Peruvian Q’ero tradition.
He is the founder of the Rainbow Warriors Society where he provides a host of weekly and monthly activities such as meditations, drum making, sweat lodges and other sacred ceremonies. Over the past several years, a newer passion of his, which dovetails with his shamanic work, has been learning Kundalini Yoga along with Vedic and Sutra wisdom. Combining these with his shamanic teachings has given him the name “Shamanic Yogi”.
He looks forward to being of service to you. He can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org